fbpx Brace for kids: really necessary to correct tooth occlusion? Putting it in context. | Gokhale Method Institute

Brace for kids: really necessary to correct tooth occlusion? Putting it in context.

Alessio
Alessio's picture
2 months 1 week ago
Brace for kids: really necessary to correct tooth occlusion? Putting it in context.

Hi to all, Alumni or not and a special great to Esther!

I want to put on your attention the argument in object: last week the dentist gave a periodical check to my 7y.o. Daughter and reported that her occlusion is incorrect in some degree.

The dentist advises it will be wise to intervent as soon as possible with a mobile brace, guiding the palate during the growth to give the right space to the newcomings teeth, and restore a good occlusion  preventing diseases and misalignment of cervical vertebrae.

My opinion is that it works at opposite, is crucial to restore a healty J spine to let the TMJ work right and for result have a correct occlusion of the teeth.

I'm more concerned with the palate and the possibility that the brace can give to ensure a correct growth.

For the moment my strategy will be to wait and observe with much more attention my daughter, i try since years a really soft "Gokhale-intervention" on her, i don't want to put pressure on her and create adiscomfort with a method that have rescued me and witch i love with big gratitude.

How you can see in the pics her posture is not going to a reliable J-spine.

I will be happy if you will share with me your opinon/experience and to receive some advise from the Gokhale Method teachers.

Thank you all,

Alessio.

ArmaniKnapp
ArmaniKnapp's picture
1 year 3 months ago

A user-friendly website for doctor's appointments is very important. I don't like calling clinics to make an appointment. That's why online appointment is cool.

SimeonKelly
SimeonKelly's picture
1 year 3 months ago

I had a similar situation. I wanted braces on my upper jaw to straighten my teeth and normalize my bite. Unfortunately, my dentist said that braces would not work in my case. After what he said, I decided to consult several other highly qualified dentists. To my surprise, most approved of my desire for braces. Therefore, I recommend you consult other dentists about your daughter's teeth and then decide. As it turns out, I need to have some implants fitted before getting braces. I chose my dentist at thehealthysmile.net. It is essential to choose a good dentist to help with your problem.

SarahWong
SarahWong's picture
1 year 2 months ago

I think it's better to follow doctor's instructions

YasminReynolds
YasminReynolds's picture
1 year 2 months ago

Have you seen other doctors? In order to see the picture from the other side, it is necessary to consult another doctor and listen to his opinion and then draw conclusions.

Alessio
Alessio's picture
2 months 1 week ago

Thank you for the answers, folk... it tooked 2 years, but in any case... the dentist sayed this year is not more necesary a brace... we have worked just as possible on posture with Gokhale Method...